WINNER ! BANTING RECIPE (ish)! DAIRY FREE!
I stumbled on a similiar recipe to this and thought I had to give it a try. The sesame flavour of the buns is so yummy, and they kept well until the next day!
ingredients (serves 2)
- 3T coconut flour
- 3T arrowroot starch
- 1/4t bicarb
- 1/4t cream of tartar
- 2 Jumbo eggs
- 1/2 t apple cider vineyard
- 1/2T honey
- pinch of salt (I used some garlic salt)
- 2T sesame seeds (plus more for sprinkling on top of buns) OR you can use 1.5t tahini
- Preheat oven to 170*
- Grind the sesame seeds in a spice grinder until ground very fine
- Place all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth
- Leave to sit to thicken up (about 10-15 minutes)
- Spoon out 4 globs of batter onto a lightly greased baking sheet and smooth into a circle shape
- Sprinkle sesame seeds onto of 2 on the buns
- Bake for 12 minutes and enjoy!