WINNER! BANTING RECIPE! DAIRY FREE!
I wanted to point out that most of these recipes that I am using coconut milk / cream in, you can swap out for actual cream / milk. I am just dairy free for the moment, so that’s why I’m avoiding it, but if you are good on dairy then by all means, use whichever you prefer.
ingredients (serves 2)
- 2T butter
- 1T olive oil
- 1 packet of mushrooms (sliced thickly)
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1/3c coconut milk
- garlic salt
- fresh pepper
- In a medium hot pan, add 1T butter and the oil and the onions
- Fry slowly for about 15-20 minutes until soft and starting to caramelise
- Add the remaining butter and mushrooms and fry until mushrooms are soft
- Add the coconut milk, salt and pepper
- Adjust seasoning and serve on grilled chicken, with streamed broccoli and roasted sweet potatoes