WINNER! banting recipe! Dairy Free!
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law Jan, and it really is a goodie.
ingredients (per person)
- 500g tomatoes
- 3/4 pieces of celery
- 3 cloves on garlic, unpeeled
- 1 onion, chopped into quarters
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cup boiling water
- 1 stock cube or liquid stock block
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 80g chorizo (fried and cut into pieces)
- Preheat oven to 180*
- Put everything (except for chorizo and sun-dried tomatoes) into a roasting dish, cover liberally with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Roast for +-45-60 minutes
- Once the tomatoes have started to caramelise, you can remove from the oven
- Squish the garlic out of their skins
- Remove burnt herbs and celery
- Put remaining veg (including sun-dried tomatoes) into a blender and blitz until required smoothness is achieved
- Add chorizo
- Best served the next day!