WINNER! gluten-free recipe! (NOT banting)!
I know this isn’t banting, because of the potato starch. But it’s not that much potato starch really 🙂
ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts or almonds (blitzed to flour like consistency)
- 2T potato starch
- 1t salt
- 1T yeast
- 1T honey
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1.5t apple cider vinegar
- 1T egg whites
- 1T olive oil
- Preheat oven to 35*
- Combine the yeast, honey and water into your big mixing bowl, stir together and leave to activate for +-5 minutes
- Combine the apple cider vinegar, egg whites and olive oil in a bowl and mix well
- Add the potato starch and macadamia nut flour to the big mixing bowl
- Add the vinegar, egg white, oil mixture to the big mixing bowl
- Stir well for about a minute
- It will be very wet, don’t panic!
- Put a damp cloth over your bowl and pop it somewhere warm (I put it in the oven) to rise for about 75 minutes
- Spread over a silicone baking sheet (which I placed on top of my pizza stone)
- Get it as thin as possible, and then bake at 250* for about 6 minutes (keep an eye on it)
- Remove from the oven, top with desired pizza goodies, and pop back into the oven until the cheese has melted
- Slice and serve!