Prep time: 60 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 68 mins
- 2 tsp. quick yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (for dough)
- 1 Tbsp. xylitol
- 1 t milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups flaxseed flour (I suggest grinding up your own flaxseeds as they go rancid quickly when you buy them pre-ground)
- 1 cup sunflower seed flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix together vinegar, oil, xylitol, milk, salt and baking powder
- Add yeast mixture; mix well. Let rest for 10 minutes. Add 2 egg whites and blend well.
- Mix in the flours until dough forms.
- Scrape bowl and lightly oil dough ball. Cover and let rise in warm place for 20 minutes.
- Prepare baking sheet with oil, cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Divide dough into two equal parts for small pizzas.
- Dust the top of the dough with flour. Place plastic wrap over dough. Press from center, working out and around the dish, roll out until you have your pizza base shape as desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap or towel and let the dough rest for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Top with your tomato sauce, meat and cheese.
- Return to the oven for 12-18 minutes, depending on the toppings.
This is by far the best pizza I’ve had since starting banting