WINNER ! BANTING RECIPE ! DAIRY FREE!
I used to love enchiladas – and it was all I felt like this evening, tough when you are Banting and off dairy… But turns out it was rather simple to make a super delicious Banting / paleo version that is as nice if not yummier than the original!
ingredients for the “enchilada wraps” (serves 2)
4 egg whites
- 2t coconut milk
directions for the wraps
ingredients for the enchilada sauce
directions for the sauce
- Heat a pan to medium/hot and fry the chicken in a little olive oil/coconut oil for about a minute per side (just to brown it a bit)
- Add the tomatoes, honey, tabasco and cajun spice
- Reduce heat to medium and put the lid on and leave to simmer for about 15 minutes (just check your chicken is cooked)
- Remove chicken from the sauce and shred it between 2 forks
- Mix the shredded chicken with the sauce
Fill the wraps with your enchilada chicken mix, top with fresh guacamole, jalapenos and a little more enchilada sauce
*Because I am dairy free at the moment I made cashew nut sour cream by blending 1 cup of soaked (for 4 hours) and drained cashews with 1/3 cup water, 1t lemon juice and 1t honey