I was chatting to my friend last night about sugar free nut brittle – so I decided to see if I could make some. The short answer is – kind of. It didn’t go as crispy as normal brittle and became more of a toffee.
Not bad though!
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 t honey
- 1/2 c macadamia and almonds
- slowly melt the butter on the stove
- once melted add the xylitol and stirring continuously on a medium heat until golden brown
- remove from the heat and add honey, mixing well
- add nuts and pour onto a plate covered in wax paper and allow to set