- 500g pumpkin, chopped up
- 4 tbsp psyllium husks
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- Steam or boil the pumpkin until it is completely mushy.
- Using a stick blender or food processor, puree the pumpkin until smooth.
- Add the husks, eggs and salt and blend again.
- Leave it to stand for no less than 15 minutes to thicken into dough.
- Break the dough into six balls and roll each one out into a tortilla shape (as per notes below). Keep them quite thick (+- 0.5cm – 1cm.
- In a heavy based pan, dry fry each tortilla on a medium heat until nicely coloured on the outside and cooked in the middle.
this recipe takes time and patience. if you’re up for it, it’s totally worth it. you need to gently flatten the wraps, i find putting each ball between 2 sheets of oiled clingwrap works well to roll them out on. then fry them for about 15 minutes per wrap.