WINNER! BANTING! LCHF!
I made some blueberry jam the other day, and a friend of mine said I had to have scones with them, so queue this recipe!
- 1.5 cups ground nuts (like almonds/macadamias)
- tiny pinch salt
- 1/2 t bicarb
- 1t cinnamon
- 1t dried ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts / pecan nuts
- 3 eggs
- 1T vanilla essence/extract
- 1/2cup xylitol
- 2T melted coconut oil
- 1.5 cups grated carrots (about 3 carrots)
- Preheat oven to 180*
- Mix the dry ingredients together, except for the xylitol
- Mix the eggs, vanilla, coconut oil and xylitol together
- Add the wet to the dry
- Add the carrots
- Pour into a greased cake tin
- Bake for +-40 minutes (until you can put a toothpick through and it comes out dry)
- Ice with your favourite cream cheese icing, dust with more chopped nuts and serve!
(p.s. I made dairy free icing, using 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/4 cup honey which I heated and simmered for 10 minutes, then added 5 teaspoons agar agar and 1/4 cup lemon juice, mixed all together and refrigerated for about half an hour before icing)